Thanks for tuning-in to my demo on Tea Drops IG LIVE Today! I loved appearing with Tea Drops founder Sashee Founder making a “Good Kind of Blues” Tea Cocktail with Bluberry Acai Tea Drops along with two easy appetizers – Greek Nachos and Edamame Hummus!! Here are the recipes!
- 6 pitas
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 Tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Crumbled Feta cheese for topping
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
Brush the pitas with the extra virgin olive oil and cut each into 6 triangles. Spread the triangles in a single layer on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and cook until they are crunchy, 8-10 minutes (turning the sheet halfway through cooking).
In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, dill and lemon juice. Add the black olives, cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions and stir to combine.
Spoon the yogurt sauce over the pita chips and sprinkle with Feta cheese. Serve immediately.
- 1/2 pound frozen shelled edamame (green soy beans), about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup tahini or 2 Tablespoons Chinese sesame paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Persian or cocktail cucumbers
- Cook the edamame beans according to package directions. Rinse with cool water and drain.
- In a food processor, puree the edamame, tahini, water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and mix until blended.
- Cut cucumbers into 3/4″ disks. Hollow out the cucumbers forming a small divet while removing seeds.
- Using a piping bag, squeeze the hummus into the cucumber shells. Garnish with an edamame if desired and serve immediately.