Hi Cooped Up Cooking with Katie & Becca Fans! Here are the recipes from today’s show!!
Cheesy Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- 2 medium spaghetti squash (about 5 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Make lengthwise slits across each squash. Place in the microwave for 5-6 mintues. Slice in half lengthwise.
Remove seeds from each half. Brush with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place hollowed side down and roast in a foil lined baking sheet for 40 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Combine the cheeses, parsley and garlic powder in a medium bowl . Fill each squash with the cheese mixture.
Heat broiler. Place squash under broiler until cheese melts and browns slightly. Garnish with more parsley and serve immediately.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlich
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- juice of 1 lime
Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and pan fry for 6-7 minute per side until golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep it warm.
Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. to the same skillet (no need to clean the pan beforehand). Add the chicken broth, cilantro, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil Reduce a simmer for 10 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream and lime juice and simmer for 5 more minutes. Garnish with more cilantro and serve immediately.