Why not put a global spin on Thanksgiving this year with my Harissa Maple Glazed Carrot recipe from my new cookbook “Katie Chin’s Global Family Cookbook”!! I just made this sweet, smoky and spicy Harissa Maple Glazed Carrot dish on KTLA! Harissa paste is a Tunisian red pepper paste made with red bell pepper, chili peppers, olive oil, spices and vinegar and is simply divine when combined with maple syrup, garlic, cumin and olive oil My friend Jodi who tested this recipe for me said it tasted just like candy filled with layers of sweet heat.
Hope you enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Harissa Maple Glazed Carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons EEVO
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ Tablespoons harissa paste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (453 g) baby rainbow carrots
- ½ lemon thinly sliced, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (232 C)
- Whisk the garlic, oil, maple syrup, harissa, and ground cumin together in a large bowl. Add the carrots and lemon slices and toss to coat. Transfer the carrots and lemon slices to a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until carrots are tender and lemons are caramelized, approximately 35–40 minutes. Serve immediately.