Hi Cooped Up Cooking with Katie Fans! Here are the 3 recipes featured in my most recent Facebook livestream: YOU + 1 CAN OF TUNA = A PANTRY LOVE STORY!! My daughter Becca and I are doing our livestreams (just featured on NBC News!!) every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 3pm PST. Friend me here on Facebook to tune-in!!
Easy Tuna Patties
- 2 cans tuna (5 to 6 ounce cans), packed in water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, green onions, or shallots
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 raw egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Drain liquid from tuna cans.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the canola oil and butter. Add more panko bread crumbs if the mixture is too wet. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Form the mixture into patties. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Fry patties for about minutes per side. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Simple Salad Nicoise
- For the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- Dash of pepper
- For the Salad:
- 12 ounces baby red potatoes, quartered, boiled, rinsed and chilled
- 12 ounces fresh green beans trimmed and blanched
- 6 cups salad greens such as Boston lettuce, chopped Romaine, or baby arugula
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 20 whole pitted nicoise olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 4.5 ounce cans tuna fish, packed in olive oil; drained and flaked
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Divide lettuce greens evenly among serving bowls.
- Top each bowl of lettuce with tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, olives, tuna, potatoes and green beans. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with fresh parsley.
Easy PEASy Tuna Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 thawed frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 ounces dried spaghetti or any pasta of your liking
- Prepare pasta according to package. Reserve 2 tablespoons of pasta water. Drain.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tuna, lemon juice, peas, parsley and reserve pasta water and stir until heated through. Add the pasta and toss until combined. Season with salt & pepper. Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan cheese and lemon zest.