Hey Cooped Up Cooking with Katie & Becca Fans! Here are the recipes from today’s show!!
Lemongrass Chicken Salad
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced lemongrass
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 teaspoons minced galangal or fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons palm or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce, preferably sambal oelek
- 1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 yard-long beans or 12 green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
Marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce palm sugar, lemongrass, garlic and sesame oil. Place chicken breasts in a large sealable plastic bag and marinate for 1 hour (up to overnight) in the refrigerator.
Preheat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade. Broil for 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand for 5 minutes, then cut into thin slices. Discard marinade.
Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together galangal, palm sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and chili-garlic sauce. Gradually whisk in olive oil and sesame oil until well blended.
Cook beans in boiling water until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to an ice bath until cool. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine coconut, cabbage, peanuts, cilantro, mint, basil, onion, kaffir lime leaves and reserved beans. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Divide chicken evenly among salads. Drizzle remaining dressing evenly on top of chicken. Serve immediately.
Thai Inspired Turkey Burgers
Crunchy Asian Slaw:
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt & pepper
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoons fresh minced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1-2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- Salt & pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Sriracha mayo
- Chopped peanuts
- Toss the slaw ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Preheat a grill or cast iron pan to medium-high
- Combine all the burger ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well using hands. With wet hands, shape into 3 burgers, 1-inch thick. Place on a plate in the fridge.
- Cook burgers until desired doneness. Place on buns, top with slaw and sriracha mayo and peanuts if desired. Serve immediately.