Hi Cooped Up Cooking with Katie Fans! Happy Cinco de Mayo!! Here are the 3 recipes for today’s show at 3pm PST – THAI CHICKEN TACOS & MANGO BASIL SALSA!! Follow me here on Facebook or IG to tune-in!!
Thai Chicken Tacos
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Srircha sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespooon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped Thai basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 corn tortillas, toasted
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 red jalapeno or Fresno chile, very thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Make the peanut sauce: Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan. Break up the curry paste as the coconut milk begins to bubble. Bring to boil, reduce heat and then simmer for a few minutes.
Make the marinade: Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place the chicken in a resealable gallon bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Place in the refridgerator for 15-30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on a grill or pan heated to medium-high heat. Let chicken cook until it is no longer pink on the inside, about 6-7 minutes per side (or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
Slice chicken and serve with tortillas, cilantro, shredded cabbage, peanuts, jalapeno peppers, lime wedges, peanut sauce and mango basil slaw (recipe follows).
Thai Basil Mango Slaw
- 2 fresh mangoes, diced
- 1 Thai chili or Serrano pepper, deseeded and sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- juice of one lime
- salt to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and serve.