Hey Cooped Up Cooking with Katie & Becca fans! Here are the recipes from today’s show!!
Avocado Berry Smoothie
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cup frozen hulled strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp raw honey or agave, optional
Directions: Blend all of the smoothie ingredients in a blender. Serve immediately.
Tumeric Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 15 oz. canned coconut milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- roasted squash or pumpkin seeds and fresh cilantro for garnish
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees (F).
Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise. Roast the butternut squash halves cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet for 40 minutes. Remove the seeds. Remove the cooked squash and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Saute the ginger and diced onion until softened, about 2 minutes.
Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the cooked squash, coconut milk and tumeric and stir to combine.
Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. (alternatively, you can use a standing blender in batches). Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with roasted seeds and/or fresh cilantro, if desired.
Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- One 2-lb head cauliflower (or 2 pounds ready to cook’ cauliflower), cut into florets
- 4-5 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until they are riced.
Set aside. (Skip this step if using ‘ready to cook’ cauliflower rice.)
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium heat.
Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the cauliflower, mushrooms and edamame and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sriracha sauce and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the scallions and stir-fry for 1 more minute. Serve immediately.