Hi Cooped Up Cooking with Katie & Becca Fans – Here are the 4th of July recipes from our show today!
- 12 shelled (leave tail intact) and deveined large-sized raw shrimp
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 4 sheets spring roll wrappers
- 1 large carrot, cut into 3 x ¼ in (7.5 cm x 6 mm) slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for deep-frying
- Dipping Sauce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- Cut each spring roll wrapper into thirds, making 3 long narrow strips.
- Place the carrot strips in a small bowl, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon garlic salt and set aside.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining garlic salt. Brush the top third of each spring roll strip with egg. Place a piece of shrimp at the bottom of the skin. Place a carrot slice on top of the shrimp. Roll each shrimp and carrot up tightly in the spring roll strip, with the egg holding it together. The tail of the shrimp and carrot slice should be protruding from one end to resemble a firecracker. Continue process until all the wrappers are folded with the shrimp and carrots.
- Dipping sauce: In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- In a large wok or deep skillet, heat 2-3 inches (5-7.5 cm) of the oil to 350°F (175°C). Fry the shrimp rolls until golden brown, about 2 minutes, turning 2 to 3 times. Drain on a sheet pan lined with paper towels. Serve with the dipping sauce.
4 Tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon fish sauce (nam pla)
½ teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons white miso paste
½ teaspoon sugar
4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
½ pound (226 g) Ground Beef
½ pound (226 g) Ground Pork
1 Tbsp Miso Paste
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
UMAMI KETCHUP: Combine all the ketchup ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
PARMESAN DISCS: Pour a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan onto a silicone mat or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down. Repeat with the remaining cheese, spacing the spoonfuls about a ½ -inch (1.3 cm) apart. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and cool.
Mix all of the burger ingredients together in a medium bowl until combined. Shape into 4 patties. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until browned and caramelized. Add the mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add the soy sauce and cook until it evaporates, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the onions and mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
Heat the additional 1 teaspoon oil in the skillet. Add the burger patties, spaced evenly apart. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
Place the cooked burgers on the buns and place a parmesan disc on top of each burger. Place a dollop of umami ketchup on top of the onions. Serve immediately